Diane says, "For my mixed media layout I wanted to try a technique I've never done before...melting wax/crayons. I decided to use a photo of my daughter when she graduated from pre-k to tie into the elementary theme."
For this technique, all you need are some used crayons and a heat tool. Attach small pieces of crayons to a scrap piece of paper then adhere the scrap paper to your layout using removable adhesive (or washi tape). Holding the layout upright, heat the crayons until they melt and drip down your page.
Supplies: Pinwheel (Lemonade Stand, Apricot Tree, Lime Rickey, 6x6 Tiny Tablet, Letter Stickers, Chit Chat Stickers), Sweet Shoppe (Label Stickers, Chit Chat Stickers, Embellishment Bundle), Destination (Letter Stickers, Circle & Tag Stickers, Embellishment Bundle)
Wendy stuck very close to the sketch, but turned it from a 12x12 into an 8 1/2 x 11. Wendy said, "I just love a great sketch and this was definitely a fun one! I love the spattering of embellishments and the nice clean lines."
Wendy used Christmas cards leftover from last year and cut off the "holiday" portion on this simple, yet beautiful, layout.
Supplies: Pinwheel (Apricot Tree, Jump Rope, 6x6 Tiny Tablet, Letter Stickers, Label Stickers, Chipboard Stickers, Chit Chat Stickers, Circle & Tag Stickers)
I used modeling paste and a stencil to make the honeycomb effect on my page, which adds a lot of texture and dimension.
Then I used a brush and dipped them into my spray ink bottles to color in some of the hexagons to coordinate with the colors on my layout after the modeling paste dried.
Supplies: Destination (Atlas Patterned Paper, 80 Days Patterned Paper, Label Stickers, Letter Stickers), Pinwheel (6x6 Tiny Tablet, Flip Flops Patterned Paper, Label Stickers), Sweet Shoppe (Embellishment Bundle, Chit Chat Stickers)
- Your layout must use mainly Lily Bee products (approx. 50% - 60% older or newer lines to showcase Lily Bee Design).
- Post your layout to our Facebook Page or Flickr Gallery to be eligible for monthly challenge prize.
- Title your post "9/3 Sketch Challenge" so we can find it easily and then leave a comment on this blog post letting us know you've entered.
- Deadline is September 30, 2013, Midnight CST
- One winner from all the challenges will be announced in next month's Kristen's News feature.
Don't forget, you can enter multiple times so the more you play, the better your chances are of winning!
Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!