Stacey is up first! Here's what she had to say about her card: " I was inspired by the diagonal lines of the sketch and decided to make sun rays using the Hello paper. It is a border that I cut into smaller pieces."
"I added twine through the chipboard button and randomly swirled it to add some softness. Since there were so many words on the rays, I put my sentiment on the circular sun."
Supplies: Pinwheel: (Paper: Lemonade Stand, Kite Strings, Jump Rope, Sprinklers; Chipboard Button; Circle & Tag Stickers; Label Stickers; 6X6 Tiny Tablet)
Summer created a fun card to share as well!
I love how she interpreted the diagonal lines from the sketch in her design.Here's a detail shot of Summer's card:
Supplies Used: Destination (6x6 Tiny Tablet, Patterned Paper: Landmark/Luggage, Circle & Tag Stickers, Letter Stickers and Chipboard Stickers) and Pinwheel (Pattered Paper: Lemonade Stand)
And finally, here's the card I created myself based on the sketch. Since I drew the quick sketch, I stuck pretty closely to the design. I added a polaroid style frame (simply cut from patterned paper using the digital die-cut file HERE) which helped break up and separate some of the busy patterned papers I included.
I added some pop-dots for dimension behind some of the chipboard banner pieces, and tied some baker's twine around the frame.
Supplies: Sweet Shoppe ( Patterned Paper: Licorice Whip, 6x6 Tiny Tablet; Letter Stickers; Label Stickers; Chipboard Stickers; Embellishment Bundle (badge and baker's twine)
I just love using sketches for my cards! Do you? We'd love to have you join our challenge this month - show us how you will interpret the card sketch.
We'll pick one winner from all our challenge entries this month to win a Lily Bee prize package. Here's a few things to keep in mind:
- Your card must use mainly Lily Bee products (approx. 50% - 60% older or newer lines to showcase Lily Bee Design).
- Post your layout to our Facebook Page or Flickr Gallery to be eligible for monthly challenge prize.
- Title your post " July 9 Card Sketch Challenge" so we can find it easily and then leave a comment on this blog post letting us know you've entered.
- Deadline is July 31, 2013, Midnight CST
- One winner from all the challenges will be announced in next month's Kristen's News feature.
Don't forget, you can download the file for the fun "insta-frame" I used on my card HERE!
Have fun - we can't wait to see what you come up with! :)